Sustainability has never been more important to our practice.
TWMLA has been integrating sustainability into our projects as a matter of course for decades. Our approach draws on our deep understanding of broader environmental goals, specific project elements, and practical lessons learned to make our society ever more resilient. Revealing green infrastructure by integrating storm water and site design is at the core of many of our built projects. We have created vibrant new public parks on reclaimed brownfields, re-established large scale native plant communities on disturbed sites, and supported urban infill development projects on underutilized sites.
We have worked with the LEED rating system since its creation more than 20 years ago. We are proud to have been integral members of the design team awarded one of the first higher education LEED Platinum Certifications at the Peggy Ryan Williams Center at Ithaca College. Today, we are proud that our projects routinely achieve LEED Certification.
We assisted the Sustainable Sites Initiative to develop the SITES guidelines as the next generation of sustainability credentialing. Our work at Cayuga Medical Center was highlighted as a case study for Sustainable Sites and demonstrates a variety of effective sustainable practices.
We look forward to continuing to support our clients’ sustainability goals by innovating site design together.
- Cornell University Law School Renovation
- Ithaca College Peggy Ryan Williams Administration Building
- Cornell Law School Addition
- University of Buffalo Education Opportunity Center
- Ithaca College Classroom Addition and Pedestrian Concourse
- SUNY Oswego DASNY Townhouses
- Holly Creek Lane Townhomes
- City of Rochester Water Bureau
- SUNY Orange Rowley Center
- SUNY Oswego Science, Engineering & Technologies
- Cornell University Upson Hall Renovation
- Cornell University Hughes Hall Renovation
- Kendal at Ithaca Repositioning
- Broome Community College Natural Science Center
- Cayuga Medical Center Southwest Addition
- Gateway Commons, Apartments and Retail Building
- Binghamton University Downtown Education Center
- Ithaca College Robert B. Tallman Rowing Center
- SUNY Canton Campus Center
- SUNY Cortland New Education Building and Child Care Center
- SUNY Oswego Rehabilitation of Swetman and Poucher Halls
- SUNY Cortland Student Life Center
- Cornell University Law School Academic Center Addition
- Cayuga Medical Center Surgical Services Addition
- SUNY Orange Center for Science & Engineering
- Cornell University West Campus Residential Initiative
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Setnor Academic Building
- Cayuga Medical Laboratory Addition
- Cayuga Place Apartments
- Breckenridge Place
- Belle Sherman Cottages